Beaver female with young on River Otter - Mike Symes
Devon's wildlife is amazing, but it needs our help. By supporting Devon Wildlife Trust, you can discover, enjoy and protect the wildlife and wild places that you love - for now and forever
Devon’s spectacular coasts, moors, rivers and woods are home to an astonishing variety of wildlife.
It is what makes our county one of the most beautiful and special places in the world.
But much of Devon is less rich in wildlife than it once was. Loss of habitat, innappropriate development, and lack of protection have all taken their toll, and there are many who don't have the chance to explore and enjoy Devon's natural beauty - even when it is right on their doorstep.
There is nothing inevitable about wildlife decline...
...and everyone should have the chance to discover and be inspired by nature.
With the help of our supporters, DWT is working hard every day to make sure that Devon’s wildlife and wild places can be explored and enjoyed by generations to come.
Together, we are making a real difference.
Join DWT as a Member and help to protect, restore and create wildlife-rich landscapes and bring more wildflowers, butterflies, birds and mammals back to Devon.
Help us to inspire thousands of people every year to love and care for wildlife.
Our nature reserves, member events, and magazines are your passport to Devon’s wild beauty.
With Devon Wildlife Trust you can enjoy and share the wildlife you love with others and, together, we can make a world of difference to Devon's wildlife.
You can become a member from just £3 per month - paying by monthly Direct Debit or through an annual payment. Many of our members contribute between £5 and £10 per month by Direct Debit.
As a member, enjoy:
- Visiting 50 nature reserves using your 100-page guidebook
- Our award-winning wildlife magazine Wild Devon
- Dozens of wildlife events
- Knowing you are part of a community that is working hard to protect and restore Devon’s wildlife and wild places
- For family memberships - children’s wildlife magazines and activities
Please give with confidence. Every penny you give supports DWT to work for wildlife: we spend 83p in every £1 on protecting wildlife and engaging people in nature conservation. Our fundraising promise outlines how we adhere to the highest standards in our fundraising.
9 ways your membership helps wildlife in Devon
'We're members of DWT because we love Devon's wildlife and want to see it protected' - Mike and Dee, Exmouth
1. Managing 50 nature reserves
2. Protecting wildlife habitats at risk of vanishing
3. Reversing the decline of animal populations
4. Re-creating wildflower-rich meadows
5. Bringing wildlife to the city
6. Re-introducing & monitoring England’s only licensed wild beaver population
7. Inspiring the next generation
8. Campaigning for marine wildlife protection off both our coasts
9. Opposing unsuitable built development